Ubuntu allowing translations into unsupported languages

I've no idea where to send this, as it involves Rosetta I've sent it here.

As the bug supervisor for tuxmath I received
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/227392. It seems that Ubuntu has
allowed people to translate the package into languages it can't
support. The version of the program in hardy doesn't have support for
right-to-left languages (and maybe many non Latin alphabets). Despite
this Ubuntu has translated the program into Hebrew, which Doesn't
Work.

There is a gsoc student working on localisation issues, and the
current version in SVN is built with sdl-pango which should deal with
this issue. However it's still a waste of time for someone to
translate our program into a language we can't support.

The lead developer was surprised that Ubuntu has a Hebrew translation.
Like many upstreams they have no idea that Ubuntu translates packages
itself, and doesn't send the translations upstream.

I'm going to send him the new language po files, how we deal with the
difference between po files for languages we both have is a common and
recurrent problem that I personally don't have a workflow for.

Caroline
(with tux4kids hat on)