Re: wiki spam

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 18:30 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 01:49:51PM +0200, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> >
> >> The spam bots are back, even though their accounts were deleted some
> >> time ago. And there are more of them (users and spam pages).
> >> See https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/26722
> >
> > On a similar note, all Ubuntu bugs in LP have recently gotten a whole
> > bunch of "Also notified" subscribers. You'll find the following list on
> > every Ubuntu bug:
>
> That's okay. It's a side-effect of allowing anyone to subscribe to
> Ubuntu bugs. It shouldn't cause any problems -- though it might suggest
> that people don't know what they are signing up for..
> --
> Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

Christian,

Sorry to bring this up again - regarding the large list of subscribers
to ubuntu-bugs. I just had a look through the list of accounts and all
(or most) of them have never commented on a bug and have zero karma.
I've also noticed a strange similarity between a large number of them -
these are all directly subscribed to bug 224684 (and it's either the
only bug they're subscribed to or 1 of 2 bugs they're subscribed to):

ALVARO VARGAS (joined 2008-04-10)
CARLOS HOYOS (joined 2008-04-22)
Ximenes Silva (joined 2008-04-26)
QfwQ (joined 2008-04-22)
ak414b (joined 2008-04-24)
ankit.mehta (joined 2008-03-24)
frek29 (joined 2008-04-14)
lashin (joined 2008-04-26)
martin (joined 2008-02-15)
outlaws42 (joined 2008-04-27)
tbill25642tbjbt (joined 2008-03-13)

They all joined Launchpad fairly close together

And these subscribers to ubuntu-bugs don't even have a Launchpad
account:

Ashish Kulkarni
Frank Pagola
Kevin A Smith
gegghy
huflueck
willybird

I don't think that ubuntu-bugs should be open for anyone to subscribe to
really - most people should never need to subscribe to it, and those
that do should be approved by someone first. As someone already pointed
out, I fear that a lot of these subscribers might just be harvesting
e-mail addresses.

Could you have a look at some of these subscribers and decide whether
they really belong on the ubuntu-bugs list.

Cheers
Chris