Re: Copy packages to same PPA, different distro

Quoting Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:09:19PM +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
I know but I'm not sure copying a binary between different
distributions (for instance, Gutsy and Hardy) makes sense, as the
binary would probably not work due to linkage issues.

Copying forwards should be okay. Copying backwards will usually not work
(unless the libraries really didn't break binary compat).

Not necessarily. If I build for Gutsy but the library breaks ABI compatibility in Hardy, the Gutsy binary won't work in Hardy (and of course the Hardy binary won't work on Gutsy, either).

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org