Re: Copy packages to same PPA, different distro

Hi,

> {{{
> | | Copy binaries
>
> Whether or not to copy the binary packages for the selected sources.
> }}}

But "Copy Binaries" doesn't give me any assurance that the binaries
will actually be installable in the target distro. How do I check
that? Could Launchpad do a check?

>> What I used to do is build on Gutsy, then copy source to Hardy. Soyuz then
>> built the Hardy version of those packages but they were never made
>> available
>> to users.
>
> Right, but that shouldn't and will not be allowed anymore, see the example:

Yes, it doesn't work because the naming convention doesn't support it.
Is it possible to come up with a different naming convention that
avoids this conflict? I.e. can the .deb's for different distributions
either have different names, or be placed in different directories? Is
the "/pool/..." structure the only way to do it? IIRC there is a
different type of Debian repositories (trivial vs. automatic)

> Maybe, but I'm not sure how valuable it would be. Do you have any
> specific use-case in mind ?

I'm not sure what Pau meant by "automating" either.

What I can say is that I'd like to be able to upload a source package
and have it build for all distributions (or at least the recent ones,
e.g. Hardy + Gutsy). I'm not sure if it's feasible, but it would be
great.

-- Dan