Re: Bug Expiration Criteria

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:55:49PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> I was reviewing bugs that can expire in Ubuntu and became curious about
> one of the expiry criteria[0] - 'it is not marked as a duplicate of
> another bug'.

The main rationale for not expiring duplicate bugs was actually public
outcry when we ran the expiration script for the first time. But does it
really make sense to mark a duplicate expired (generating email, etc) if
the duplicate doesn't really have a status?

(The only reason a duplicate status is even displayed on the bugtask
page is to assist in the process of unduplicating it, something which I
think is actually an overcompensation, but since nobody's complained
we've left it as is.)
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125