Re: BSD licence

Matthias Urlichs <smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> luca (ᴉ) innurindi:
>> So the change of the license doesn't affect the translation of the
>> Ubuntu operating system but other specific software?
>>
> Why shouldn't it?

I wanted to understand better what you meant with the term "specific
open source software", so the question affects as it was my first
impression all the translation of the Ubuntu operating system, made in
the past or in the future.

So the BSD license isn't for me the best solution because of the
considerations made in my previous email.

And it still exists the problem with the upstream translations: we
can't use them if they are in GPL because in this way we change
arbitrary their license.

--
luca, (ᴉ) innurindi
Luca Padrin