Re: BSD licence

Milo Casagrande wrote:
> when you upload a translation from upstream and publish it
> as "coming from upstream", it should maintains its license;
> if you publish it as a "user upload" then, as Danilo said, you're
> messing up a little bit the translations and in that case you're
> publishing under BSD.

If the uploader is the upstream translator, it should be his or her
prerogative to do a "user upload".  As the strings are his or hers,
she or he can decide to publish them under different licences, no?

However, I do hope that Launchpad is clever enough to not see
uploaded strings that are identical to packaged strings as
contributions, but instead retains for these identical strings the
licence of packaged ones.

Benno