Re: Calling translators for BillReminder

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Adi Roiban <adi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would be very useful to have a page where we can see all packages with
> new suggestions for a specific language.

As far as I know, the only way right now is to constantly check your
language "home" page and search for translations that need review:
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+lang/ro

It is a lot of work but...

> At least for the Romanian team the communication is almost nonexistent and people
> are adding suggestions without asking to be approved.

What we have done for the Brazilian team was create a wiki page with a
list of the packages we think people should focus on translating. We
ask people to add their names to the packages they want to "adopt" and
they become responsible for emailing the entire team when they're
finished (they can also email asking for help). Then one of the
official members reviews the work and applies them, as well as provide
valuable feedback to the volunteer.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel