Side effect of person-account split?

Hi Stuart,

As the reviewer for your branch I guess I _should_ have seen this coming: an import failed because the process lacked rights for the Account table.

I think this is because the importer comes across an unknown name/email and creates a Person, but the transitional auth-split branch creates an Account in the process. The poimport user gets the right to insert new Persons from the "write" group, but it doesn't have the right to insert Accounts.

I'll look into why this didn't come up in tests; I remember seeing a test but it may be running under the wrong user. Meanwhile, can we give either "poimport" or "write" insert privs on Account? The latter would also fix any other obscure cases of this problem that we might not have spotted. I know we're supposed to be phasing out the "write" group, but the implicit creation of accounts should stop with the next phase of the auth split anyway.

Jeroen
--- Begin Message ---
2008-07-02 09:36:27 ERROR   Got an unexpected exception while importing Basque (eu) translation of update-manager in Ubuntu Feisty package "update-manager"
 -> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/15753401/3OiAjBpzfP3GNGQDDpWWpmjwQLn.txt (permission denied for relation account
)