Re: flashplugin-nonfree in PPA

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Bruce Cowan <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have noticed that there is a PPA with a package for
> flashplugin-nonfree. The PPA Terms of Use[0] would suggest that non-free
> packages aren't allowed. Is this the case?
>
> [0] https://help.launchpad.net/PPATermsofUse

Hi Bruce,

I might be mistaken, but reading the package description in ubuntu,
'flashplugin-nonfree' doesn't seems to offend the PPA Terms of Use.

It's just a wrapper to the content hosted in w3.adobe.com.

{{{
 This package will download the Flash Player from Adobe.  It is a
 Netscape/Mozilla type plugin.  Any browser based on Netscape or Mozilla can
 use the Flash plugin.  This package currently supports the following browsers:
 Mozilla, Mozilla-Firefox, Firefox, Iceweasel, and Iceape.  Also Galeon and
 Epiphany can use the Flash plugin.  Konqueror can also use the Flash plugin if
 konqueror-nsplugins is installed.
 .
 WARNING: Installing this Ubuntu package causes the Adobe flash plugin to be
 downloaded from www.adobe.com.  The distribution license of the Adobe flash
 plugin is available at www.adobe.com.  Installing this Ubuntu package implies
 that you have accepted the terms of that license.
 .
  Homepage: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/FlashPlayer9
}}}

Right ?