Re: Firefox 3.0 blocking soundcard in Ubuntu 7.10 XPS 1330

Shankaranarayanan Subramaniam sagte:
> I have Dell XPS M1330 with Ubuntu 7.10 working fine (no major problems).
> I recently upgraded to Firefox  3.0 and I have been having some problems
> with the sound card. I tried searching in several Ubuntu forums without
> success; hence, this email.

I have the same laptop, Ubuntu 7.10 pre-installed, but I upgraded to 8.04
immediately. I have no such problems, maybe you should consider the
upgrade.

Other approach: The laptop is certified hardware and you should have
received toll-free support phone numbers for the Dell Ubuntu support with
the laptop. Contact them, you are entitled to such support. BTW, I checked
with the Dell support before upgrading and they have no problem with that.

Regards,
Henning