Re: LP location maps

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 19:28 +0200, Sense Hofstede wrote:

> Another thing I find (slightly) annoying about the person bubbles is
> that they're so big that you have to move the map in order to view
> more than half of them.

That's indeed a problem.  Can you file a bug about it?

> I do like the maps being there, although I'm not entirely happy with
> allowing everyone to edit a map. What if you don't want to be on the
> map or when people keep changing it badly? I think it would be a good
> to provide an option of disabling editing by other people and
> disabling it all together.

If you don't want your location visible to others you may mark it as
hidden (on the +editlocation page).

As for allowing others to edit it, that's only allowed until you set
your own location -- as soon as you do that you're the only one allowed
to change it further.  Also, if you mark it as hidden, nobody other than
yourself will be allowed to change it.

> The map is really an improvement. I like to know who lives where on an
> easy way -- so I can guess their timezone -- and this feature makes
> this very easy. Keep on the good work!

Glad you liked it, and thanks a lot for the feedback.

Cheers,

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>