Launchpad version numbers - are they useful?

Hi all,

When we're working on Launchpad, we think in terms of version numbers.
So, right now we're working towards Launchpad 2.1.11. That's useful
for us.

However, I'm increasingly of the opinion that we shouldn't mention
these version numbers much in Launchpad release announcements as, to
my mind, they offer no value.

So, rather than putting the version number up-front in the subject
line etc, I might just use it at the bottom of the announcement to
link to the full milestone details.

What do you guys think?

--
Matthew Revell - Launchpad.net - free software collaboration and project hosting