Re: launchpad registration broken

Well, thanks everyone, for trying to help. I still haven't heard from Launchpad. I wanted to thank Valentin Neacsu for his touchpad bug fix (Bug #133060) and also mention that his directions don't make sense to a newcomer unless you start in the root directory. I started in my home folder which the terminal defaults to and it took me a while to figure out why things weren't working. But otherwise the directions were perfect and when I finally completed them my touchpad worked perfectly. Like others, this touchpad issue was almost a deal breaker for me. I'm happy to put it behind me. Valentin, if you're on this list, thank you. If not, possibly someone could pass this message on.

Chris

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 12:47 -0800, Chris Garcia wrote:
> Okay. We're talking about gmail here. You're telling me I can't use
> gmail with Launchpad?  Because of some x-headers? Thank you, Curtis. I
> appreciate your letting me know what's going on. I'm going to go
> process that, and when the time is right, I'm going to create another
> email address, point it at my gmail account, and start participating
> in Launchpad. But right now I can't because I'm just dumbfounded.

That is not I meant. You can use gmail as many user do. Gmail is not the
idea mail app (though it may be the ideal data cloud). I think you need
to be patient. I got my reply from launchpad in less than two minutes,
so I am certain Launchpad is working well. Gmail has a reputation of
being slow with list mail.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/