Bug or not? dpkg-reconfigure -au

Hi when attaching the pid of dpkg-reconfigure to root# gdb 2>&1 | tee gdb-dpkg-reconfigure.txt

and

handle SIG33 ...
set pag...
attach <PID> -au
continue

I get this:

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0xb7f0d430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0xb7f0d430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0xb7f0d430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

I can restart all of these interuptions with up-arrow and enter (continue)

Is this a bug in dpkg-reconfigure?

I presume it is, because it is not like the true interuptions triggered by for instance scanlogd:

 * Starting Samba daemons                                                [ OK ]
saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
--------- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR XINETD USERS ----------
The following line will be added to your /etc/inetd.conf file:

#<off># sane-port\tstream\ttcp\tnowait\tsaned:saned\t/usr/sbin/saned saned

If you are indeed using xinetd, you will have to convert the
above into /etc/xinetd.conf format, and add it manually. See
/usr/share/doc/xinetd/README.Debian for more information.
Suggested entry (automatically converted using itox):

saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
Stopping scanlogd: scanlogd.
The system user `scanlogd' already exists. Exiting.
Starting scanlogd: chroot: No such file or directory
invoke-rc.d: initscript scanlogd, action "start" failed.
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# apt-get remove scanlogd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED
  scanlogd
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 115kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 475487 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing scanlogd ...
Stopping scanlogd: scanlogd.
Processing triggers for man-db ...
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# dpkg-reconfigure -au

Is there a way to run dpkg-reconfigure verbosely, so I can see which packages trigger this (and ultimately get a backtrace)? Or shoud I attach pidof gdb to another gdb? Should I file a bug or run 'root# dpkg-reconfigure > /home/me/Desktop/some-file'?

Cheers,

Thomas