Re: "Abuse" of Contact User feature

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 10:23:05PM -0500, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> Which was a point a I made earlier. This feature is fundamentally
> flawed.

Uhh, depending on what you mean by "flawed feature" I don't agree at
all. If you're saying "this is a valid feature but we can't figure out a
way to avoid random peopple spamming teams" then I'm in agreement.

There's definitely a valid use case in providing a way to contact a team
-- for teams that have no contact email addresses (the majority, btw:

    3973 total teams

    1142 teams with a contact email address set
    2831 teams with no contact email address set

) there's no other way to do it. The problem seems to be figuring out a
creative way of allowing that without also making it easy to spam
people.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko