Re: [Launchpad-users] bzr checkout lp?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Andrew Bennetts <andrew.bennetts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the other hand, it's not hard to generate a second SSH keypair and register
it with your Launchpad account.  That's what I'd do in this situation.

Have you tried to do this on a fresh Windows install, and then get bazaar to recognize it? I gave up after about 20 minutes, and really all I wanted to do was checkout publicly available code. It may be quite simple for intermediate-advanced users in the linux world, but I challenge your assertion in the general case :)

You can also delete the launchpad_username line from your bazaar.conf, which
should make lp: URLs resolve to HTTP rather than bzr+ssh automatically; i.e. if
you don't have an SSH key on a machine, don't use "bzr launchpad-login".

I personally have not had luck with this, I have tried clearing out my launchpad-login and whoami to no avail in these situations.

In the end I totally gave up, I think I had to check it out from my Linux box and email to myself, then log in to my email and download it on the Windows machine.

While I definitely appreciate your acknowledgement of the issue, overall I think this can really be a bigger obstruction than people familiar with the internals of bzr (and as such the workarounds) realize.

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxx