Re: [Launchpad-users] [Launchpad-dev] RFC: Launchpad package navigation redesign

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Martin Albisetti<argentina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should refer to the series as "Karmic 9.10". While I know
> there's a convention to stop calling released by their code names
> after they're released, the truth is that so many people know about it
> by their code name and not their release version, that it gets
> confusing. Showing both solves this problem.

I think that the distribution's decision about branding should be
respected. Your point is one that might be relevant to a distribution
level discussion about whether to change the current policy (although
I don't think it will) but I don't think it's relevant to Launchpad's
decision about how to show a distribution series.

Thinking about it from the perspective of Launchpad design, if in the
future quite a few different distributions use Launchpad, it seems to
me to be a waste of time for Launchpad's designers to have to evaluate
how best to refer to the different series of the distribution. It
should simply use the details provided by the distribution. So I agree
with Stuart.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org