Re: [Launchpad-users] hplip-3.9.8 - HP_Officejet_5600_series (hp_officejet_5610)

Launchpad is a system for managing open source software projects. I
don't think you want to discuss the "Launchpad project" but would like
to report a bug in openSUSE's hplip package.

If you would like to report a bug about how hplip is working in
openSUSE, go to this site:
http://en.opensuse.org/Submitting_Bug_Reports

If you would like to report a bug about the hplip program itself, go
to the link below and click "Ask a question":
https://launchpad.net/hplip

(hplip uses "Ask a question" for end users and "Report a bug" for
developers/maintainers)

Regards,
Scott

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Bernd Adda <b.adda@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi Scott Howard and all
>
> it shouldn't be a bug report, also not for ubuntu.
> It's my first mail, but I would ask questions to
> use my printer. What is wrong?
>
> Regards
> Bernd Adda
>

> Scott Howard schrieb:
>> Thanks for the bug report, but this list is for users of Launchpad.
>>
>> To report a bug in Ubuntu, type the following into the console:
>> "ubuntu-bug hplip"
>>
>> Then include the information from your previous email.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Scott Howard
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Bernd Adda <b.adda@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Can't use hp-setup, hp-toolbox - hplip-3.9.8-9.2
>>> No PPD found for my HP_Officejet_5600_series (hp_officejet_5610)
>>> But ppd's are installed under
>>> /usr/share/cups/model/manufacturer-PPDs/hplip/
>>> hp-officejet_5600_series-hpijs.ppd.gz
>>> hp-officejet_5600_series.ppd.gz
>>> hp-officejet.ppd.gz (download while install with cups-imaging?)
>>>
>>> My PC openSUSE 11.1, KDE-4.3.1
>>> Only after install with cups or Yast  I can print.
>>> Many thanks for helping
>>> Kind Regards
>>> adda
>>>

>>> hp-check -t (part)
>>> Current contents of '/var/lib/hp/hplip.state' file:
>>> # hplip.state - HPLIP runtime persistent variables.
>>>
>>> [plugin]
>>> installed=0
>>> eula=0
>>>

>>> Current contents of '~/.hplip/hplip.conf' file:
>>> [last_used]
>>> device_uri = hp:/usb/Officejet_5600_series?serial=CN66QD72ZJ04B2
>>>
>>> [commands]
>>> fax = hp-sendfax -d %FAX_URI%
>>> scan = xsane -V %SANE_URI%
>>> prnt = hp-print -p%PRINTER%
>>> pcard = hp-unload -d %DEVICE_URI%
>>> cpy = hp-makecopies -d %DEVICE_URI%
>>>
>>> [refresh]
>>> rate = 30
>>> enable = False
>>> type = 1
>>>

>>> --------------------------
>>> | DISCOVERED USB DEVICES |
>>> --------------------------
>>>
>>>  Device URI                  Model
>>>  --------------------------  ------------------------
>>>  hp:/usb/Officejet_5600_ser  HP Officejet 5600 series
>>>  ies?serial=CN66QD72ZJ04B2
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------
>>> | INSTALLED CUPS PRINTER QUEUES |
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>

>>> lpstat
>>> ------
>>> Type: Unknown
>>> Device URI: No destinations added.
>>>

>>> ----------------------
>>> | SANE CONFIGURATION |
>>> ----------------------
>>>
>>> 'hpaio' in '/etc/sane.d/dll.conf'...
>>> OK, found. SANE backend 'hpaio' is properly set up.
>>>
>>> Checking output of 'scanimage -L'...
>>>
>>> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something
>>> different,
>>>
>>> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
>>> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the
>>> documentation
>>>
>>> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>>>

>>> ---------------------
>>> | PYTHON EXTENSIONS |
>>> ---------------------
>>>
>>> Checking 'cupsext' CUPS extension...
>>> OK, found.
>>>
>>> Checking 'pcardext' Photocard extension...
>>> OK, found.
>>>
>>> Checking 'hpmudext' I/O extension...
>>> OK, found.
>>>
>>> Checking 'scanext' SANE scanning extension...
>>> OK, found.
>>>

>>> -----------------
>>> | USB I/O SETUP |
>>> -----------------
>>>
>>> Checking for permissions of USB attached printers...
>>>
>>> HP Device 0x4f11 at 003:002:
>>>    Device URI: hp:/usb/Officejet_5600_series?serial=CN66QD72ZJ04B2
>>>    Device node: /dev/bus/usb/003/002
>>>    Mode: 0664
>>> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
>>> # file: dev/bus/usb/003/002
>>> # owner: root
>>> # group: lp
>>> user::rw-