Re: [Launchpad-users] Navigate through edge.launchpad.net

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 09:16 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Michael Terry
>> <michael.terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Why is it important for a link to Launchpad to be prominent?  I agree
>> > it's nice that there's a link somewhere, but as a project maintainer, I
>> > prefer that Launchpad is moving itself to the background (footer).  It's
>> > *my* project's page.  Contrast with Sourceforge's project pages that
>> > never let you forget who to thank.
>> >

>> That's very much been our thinking in the new design.
>>
>> In the future, some of us are inclined to change the Launchpad
>> homepage into something more like a personalized dashboard. But one
>> thing at a time...
>>
> I do like the idea of a personalized dashboard with my assigned bugs and
> other personalized summaries.  I also like to see what is happening on
> Launchpad:  new features, new projects hosted, etc.  Where would that be
> accessible?

That's an open question & a good one. One thing to bear in mind is
that Launchpad doesn't necessarily need special treatment re feature
announcements. You ought to be able to get news from any Launchpad.net
hosted project that you are interested in.

jml