Re: [Launchpad-users] Project overview page suggestions

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:48 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>> 2009/10/9 Jamu Kakar <jkakar@xxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Whilst visiting project overview pages recently I've wanted two
>> > things that aren't immediately obvious:
>> >
>> > [1]
>> >
>> > How much activity (in terms of code churn) is there?
>
> Yes we want to see this. We want to show the latest branches. I want to
> show the sparkline for the focus of development.
>
> I do not like the current design because takes a guess at what is
> happening in a project, and it often guesses wrong. I do not care about
> the latest 5 blueprints if they are from two years ago. I want to know
> about what is happening in the project over the past, month, or season.
>
> I think a journal/wall presentation might be more effective.

Agreed.

What I see is a single timeline that shows the recent interesting
events on the project. That is, one that combines the three to six
separate columnlets into a single feed. The next step would then be to
allow this timeline to be filtered based on what interests you.

jml