Re: [Launchpad-users] Long PPA Build Queue

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Andrew SB <a.starr.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My most recent PPA uploads were done 11 hours ago as of this email.
> Yet, they still have an estimated 10 more hours until they are built:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr-explorer-dev/+archive/ppa/+builds
>
> My first thought was that it must have something to do with Lucid just
> opening for development, but the Ubuntu build queue doesn't seem
> backed up:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+builds?build_text=&build_state=pending
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why I'm seeing 20+ hour
> waits for PPA builds.

I noticed that before too, around the alpha releases, more
specifically during the Global Jam (Oct 2-4)...

Noticed it again yesterday as well, 16 hours delay to build a package
that will probably take only a couple of seconds to build. Personally
not such a terrible issue though -- I can wait, and when I can't I
could always build the packages locally with pbuilder.

I can't explain it. I guess PPAs are busy and uploads of complex
packages are being done?

/ Matt