Re: [Launchpad-users] Long PPA Build Queue

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:14 -0500, Andrew SB wrote:
> My most recent PPA uploads were done 11 hours ago as of this email.
> Yet, they still have an estimated 10 more hours until they are built:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr-explorer-dev/+archive/ppa/+builds
>
> My first thought was that it must have something to do with Lucid just
> opening for development, but the Ubuntu build queue doesn't seem
> backed up:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+builds?build_text=&build_state=pending
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why I'm seeing 20+ hour
> waits for PPA builds.

Official Ubuntu builds happen on a different set of builders to PPA
builds -- see https://edge.launchpad.net/builders.

There are normally >12 builders for each PPA architecture, but most of
them tend to get stolen around release times (for use as mirrors?). Now,
at the time I write this, the PPA buildds are all jammed with a couple
of daily build PPAs. A build scheduling change to be deployed in
Launchpad 3.1.10 (12 hours away, I believe) should help to alleviate
this sort of blockage, by not allowing a single PPA to monopolise the
builders for any one arch.