Re: [Launchpad-users] Targeting Bugs

2009/12/5 Charlie Poole <charlie@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi All,
>
> Launchpad is great in providing lots of options for how to do things,
> but sometimes it's hard to decide which way to go.
>
> I'd particularly like to hear what people think about targeting bugs
> to milestones versus to series - or doing both. What are the factors
> going into such a decision? What have different projects done?

Hi Charlie,

In my opinion you have to work out first what decisions you want to
use this data to guide.  For Bazaar, 'critical' bugs mean 'we will not
ship without this' in other words 'you cannot release while these are
open'.

I don't think targeting bugs to future releases unless they are going
to block that release makes sense.  Other people target bugs to the
release when they hope to fix that bug - I am not sure this helps very
much for time based releases, except that I guess it gives you a short
hit list.

We target bugs after they're fixed to the release that fixed them (or
that will fix them, when it comes out.)

We have a stable and development series and target bugs to the stable
series if we intend to fix them there.

You can get the full story from doc.bazaar-vcs.org under "developer docs".

hth
--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>