Re: [Launchpad-users] Problem with codepage in ubuntu translation (uk-UA)

În data de Sb, 20-02-2010 la 06:11 +0000, banza a scris:
> Hello,
> Need help
> Person actively
> suggest uk translates
> (https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/synaptic/+pots/synaptic/uk/+filter?person=serhijdubyk),
> but most of his translations are displayed as signs "???".
It looks like Serhij Dubyk translations were imported/suggested from upstream.
I am not sure why do we have "???" but if you have time, it would be
nice to contact him and make sure those translations were submited in
UTF-8.

AFAIK, from the web interface, Launchpad Translation only submit UTF-8
translations.

> How can I somehow fix encoding downloaded on LP transfers or
> all still have to replace them manually?
> Now in synaptiс (ubuntu lucid) instead of the text displayed these
> "???". http://2img.org.ua/images/f84d1d3553d26ec3b27ebc5910bb606c.png
If the translations were submited in another encoding most probably they
were imported from usptream and it is recommended to fix them upstream.

You can fix them, by requesting a Translation download and fix the
encoding on your computer for example using iconv. Then you can send the
UTF file upstream or reimport it in Launchpad.

Cheers,
PS: you can also try to get support from Ubuntu Translators
mailinglist[1]

Adi Roiban