[Launchpad-users] Overriding binaries in Debian Source 3 (quilt)

Hi,

In Debian Source 3 (quilt), it seems the method of including binaries no
longer require uuencoding they simply need to be put in-place and the
path put in the file debian/source/include-binaries.  This is *great*.

Here is where the problem lies, if *overiding* a binary; rather than
adding a new one, there is a problem with dpkg (LP: #633015 & Closes
#594440).  This has been fixed in Maverick [0].

I assumed that leaving it a day or so, would mean that the buildd
environment updating to that dpkg version would mean that this issue is
resolved for Maverick.

However, this seems not to be the case.  When uploading to Maverick i'm
getting:
> Rejected:
> dpkg-source failed for eucalyptus_2.0~bzr1233-0ubuntu3.dsc [return: 29]
> [dpkg-source output:   dpkg-source: info: extracting eucalyptus in eucalyptus-2.0~bzr1233
>   dpkg-source: info: unpacking eucalyptus_2.0~bzr1233.orig.tar.gz
>   dpkg-source: info: unpacking eucalyptus_2.0~bzr1233-0ubuntu3.debian.tar.gz]

This is the same issue I was getting before dpkg was fixed in Maverick
(rejection before going near Maverick buildd).  This issue, i would
imagine, is going to become more frequent as deb src 3 becomes more
popular.  Normally, i wouldn't propose the fix for SRU to lucid - but it
seems that if Launchpad is running Lucid it may be a requirement - but
would this be enough to solve the issue?

Thanks.

[0] https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/dpkg/1.15.8.4ubuntu3

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker