Re: [Launchpad-users] Chromium browser now translatable in Launchpad

El dv 10 de 12 de 2010 a les 18:30 +0200, en/na Amed Ãeko Jiyan va
escriure:
> I didnt understand what you mean "piss off all users of scripts"
> khaled.
> I am only trying to start translation Chromium and i need help for
> that. THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING!!!
> Do you have any problem with me? Or with my name? OR with some thing
> else?
> You should be "human" and kind!!!
> It is very bad to use words like "piss off" on mailing lists...
> Try to be kind.

Guys, this is a thread discussing an announcement about a very popular
Open Source project opening translations to community. It's great news
and we should be happy about them, so please let's try to keep the tone
down and the communication civilised.

Amed, I'm sure Khaled's comment wasn't directed at you. The way I
interpret it is that he was simply complaining about what he sees as
lack of good support in Chromium for complex scripts such as Arabic.

Khaled, please try to avoid using strong words and a bit more context to
the replies in the future. Most of us in this list are not native
English speakers, and while I'm sure that wasn't your intention, such
replies can be easily misinterpreted.

If anyone finds any bugs in the Chromium browser, I'd encourage them to
submit a bug upstream at:

  http://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines

And by the way, as someone has already asked me already, this is not
part of any plans to make Chromium the default browser for Ubuntu. While
being community-translatable will certainly help as a plus point if this
is discussed in the future, it is unrelated to the more general decision
on the default desktop browser.

Thanks!

Cheers,
David.