Re: [Launchpad-users] Adding a new TeamSubscriptionPolicy to Launchpad

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 17:38 +0000, Matthew Revell wrote:
> There could be two kinds of open teams: OPEN and DELEGATED. (Maybe
> change
> OPEN to PERMISSIVE). They encourage membership to build communities.
> The
> DELEGATED team reviews who is a direct member to manage the community
> hierarchy. OPEN has no structure.

The important thing to separate out is the permissions for membership
and the permissions for resources.

If ~locoteam owns code, ppas or other such stuff, then it presumed that
all members in all sub teams should have access to them.

The reason this is so, is because ~locoteams is owned by the
~loco-council and if there are resources that need to be kept private,
then they're kept there instead.

I like your idea of delegated permissions, makes sense. Allow members to
be granted membership and member adding rights.

Martin,