Re: [Launchpad-users] Adding a new TeamSubscriptionPolicy to Launchpad

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 10:20 +0000, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> If not, then it does not need to be a team in Launchpad. Its Launchpad
> page even states, "This Team's only intention is to group the LoCo
> team
> projects." That could be done just as well in the LoCo directory
> without
> any help from Launchpad.

Except that the LoCo directory works by querying the launchpad groups
membership. This then goes to make a loco group an official or
non-official group according to it's membership in ~locoteams and
~locoteams-approved

If we removed loco teams from launchpad, the loco directory would fall
apart. Not least the fact that Shippit would no longer know who was an
approved team either.

It's also likely that there are resources that teams manage. Some of
them are on the loco directory and some of them are on launchpad. Let's
be honest, the loco directory was invented to extend launchpad without
having to touch it's code, but the whole team structure logic was left
up to launchpad.

Martin,