Re: [Launchpad-users] version upload issue

Changing the version to 1:x.y.z should fix that problem. It's called the
epoch:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

I don't know enough about Launchpad to tell whether you will be able to
fix that error once the package has been fully deleted.