Re: [Launchpad-users] [rfc] more pad.lv urls

I'm happy to say that everything people requested that doesn't require
Launchpad code changes has now been done, and is documented on
<http://pad.lv/>.  If you think of anything else, let me know.

Would anyone object (or agree) if I post about it on
<http://blog.launchpad.net/>?

On 5 December 2010 00:15, Michael Bienia <michael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-12-03 14:07:23 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>> I'm going to add some more redirectors to http://pad.lv/, the
>> transparent url shortener for Launchpad. ÂThis is your chance to
>> bikeshed:
>>
>> Â/~mbp --> a person page
>> Â/p/bzr --> project bzr
>> Â/u/bzr --> bzr package in ubuntu
>> Â/d/bzr --> bzr pacage in debian
>> Â/fb/bzr --> filebug against bzr upstream
>> Â/fb/u/bzr --> filebug against bzr in ubuntu
>> Â/ppa/bzr --> ~bzr ppa
>> Â/ppa/bzr/proposed --> ~bzr/proposed ppa
>>
>> I want to keep things: short, possible to compose by hand, possible to
>> determine by inspection where they can send you, possible to implement
>> just as pattern-matching redirects, tidy enough as a namespace that it
>> can grow new features.
>
> /c/u/bzr â the current (now natty) packaging branch for the Ubuntu
> Â Â Â Â Â package "bzr" (aka lp:ubuntu/bzr)
> /c/d/bzr â the same for the Debian package (aka lp:debian/bzr)
>
> This would save me some clicking time when I want to check the contents
> from e.g. debian/rules for a certain package.

(old thread)

That would certainly be good, but I don't think there is a
deterministic way to get the codebrowse URL for a series branch or a
package branch at the moment (the same logic used by +branch and the
lp: shortcuts).  There should be.  I filed <https://pad.lv/735973>.

I guess you'd want this to go to something like
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/natty/bzr/natty/files>?

Martin