Re: [Launchpad-users] Updating bugs with the API

On 19 March 2011 19:20, Matt Barringer <mbarringer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update bugs in Launchpad using the API, but every time I issue
> a PATCH call on api.staging.launchpad.net, it returns either a "400 Bad
> Request", or a "401 Bad Request".
>
> I'm not using the Python library, but rather direct HTTP calls.  Here's an
> example:

> $ openssl s_client -connect api.staging.launchpad.net:443
> CONNECTED(00000003)
> [openssl stuff snipped]
>
> PATCH /1.0/entomologist2/+bug/733006 HTTP/1.0
> Host: api.staging.launchpad.net
> Authentication: OAuth [oauth snipped but the tokens are valid]
>
> { "status" : "Incomplete" }
>[..SNIP..]
> This happens if I use openssl to connect to the server directly, or if I use
> QNetworkAccessManager to issue a PATCH call directly.  What am I doing wrong
> here?  A GET call returns the information as the documentation says it
> should.

At a guess - I can't check right now - this is because you're issuing
the PATCH on the Bug, not on one of its bug_tasks. status, importance,
assignee, and milestone are all properties on BugTask rather than Bug:
https://launchpad.net/+apidoc/devel.html#bug_task

Hope that helps,

Graham

--