Upload to primary archive rejected with traceback

Hi all,

I just made an upload to the primary Ubuntu archive for Oneiric. The
source package was accepted and the build was successful, but the
binary package failed to upload with the following traceback:

DEBUG Considering changefile
1/ubuntu/elementary-icon-theme_2.7.1-0ubuntu2_i386.changes
DEBUG Finding fresh policy
INFO Processing upload elementary-icon-theme_2.7.1-0ubuntu2_i386.changes
ERROR Unhandled exception processing upload
INFO Upload was rejected:
INFO    elementary-icon-theme_2.7.1-0ubuntu2_all.deb:
debExtractControl() raised <type 'exceptions.SystemError'>, giving up.
INFO    Unhandled exception processing upload: 'NoneType' object has
no attribute 'get'
INFO Committing the transaction and any mails associated with this upload.

See: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/elementary-icon-theme/2.7.1-0ubuntu2/+build/2622053

Any ideas what the issue is here, or what I could do to resolve it?
I've never had a successfully built package fail to upload before.
This upload attempts to switch the compression method to xz with
"dh_builddeb -- -Zxz" in the rules file. Something else I've never
done before. Might this be related?

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>