Re: newbie and ppa rejected .

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM, ozzy yzzo <sundayozzy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> First of all, i'm a complete newbie to GNU/Linux packages but anyway, i
> would like to push my latest game Marball Odyssey
> (http://sundaycoders.host-ed.net/games.html) whch is currently uses
> InstallJammer to the Ubuntu Software center.
> For this, i would like to release a binary *only* package which contains 2
> files: (executable + resource.data)
> I've got my 2 files into a directory Marball-1.3
> then created stuff into ./debian dir using : dh_make --single --native
> --email sundayozzy@xxxxxxxxx
> removing stuff *.ex and *.EX
> then modified changelog, control and  install (quite mystic for me this one,
> i put both files into /usr/bin/ )
> and finally i've used the dput command to send the package to the PPA but i
> get this error:
> Rejected:
> Cannot build any of the architectures requested: x86
>
> marball (1.3) maverick; urgency=low
>
>  * Initial Release.
>
> ===
> I'm pretty sure it's bcoz of the binary nature of my package but it doesn't
> speak that much to me :-/
> If any one can help of this it would be very nice!

Check your debian/control file. Even though the package contains
compiled binaries, you still have to list the architectures under the
"Architecture:" in the control file.  x86 isn't a valid architecture
key for a control file. However, amd64 and i386 are probably what you
were looking for (most likely i386).

See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#control
~Scott