Re: newbie and ppa rejected .

On 09/06/2011 12:11 PM, ozzy yzzo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, i'm a complete newbie to GNU/Linux packages but anyway,
> i would like to push my latest game Marball Odyssey
> (http://sundaycoders.host-ed.net/games.html) whch is currently uses
> InstallJammer to the Ubuntu Software center.
>
> For this, i would like to release a binary *only* package which
> contains 2 files: (executable + resource.data)
>
> I've got my 2 files into a directory Marball-1.3
> then created stuff into ./debian dir using : dh_make --single --native
> --email sundayozzy@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:sundayozzy@xxxxxxxxx>* *
> removing stuff *.ex and *.EX
> then modified changelog, control and  install (quite mystic for me
> this one, i put both files into /usr/bin/ )
> and finally i've used the dput command to send the package to the PPA
> but i get this error:
>
> Rejected:
> Cannot build any of the architectures requested: x86
>
> marball (1.3) maverick; urgency=low
>
>  * Initial Release.
>
> ===
>
> I'm pretty sure it's bcoz of the binary nature of my package but it
> doesn't speak that much to me :-/
> If any one can help of this it would be very nice!

You also need to make sure that you can actually distribute those
binaries in a PPA.  Please see the Launchpad PPA Terms of Use:
https://help.launchpad.net/PPATermsofUse

The normal way to use a PPA is to build from source in the PPA and then
binary packages will be produced with the required content.

Thanks,
Micah