Re: package built only for i386?

On 09/28/2011 10:48 AM, William Grant wrote:
On 28/09/11 17:05, Sabin Iacob wrote:
Hello list

I'm a bit confused, I published a package just now to one of PPAs and it
only got built for i386, although it's got Architecture: all in
debian/control

Is it a known problem? I don't remember seeing anything from
launchpadstatus on the issue.

here's the changes file:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/81277442/rabbitmq-server_2.6.1-0~ppa1_source.changes
<https://launchpadlibrarian.net/81277442/rabbitmq-server_2.6.1-0%7Eppa1_source.changes>
Architecture: all means that the package is architecture-independent. It
will build only on i386, but be published on all architectures. To build
separately on each architecture, you would want Architecture: any.

But rabbitmq-server is written in Erlang, so its binaries are
architecture-independent. A single build is correct here.

William

ok, thanks... I was confused because I remember (perhaps wrongly) of  having i386 and amd64 builds before, with the same control file (which I  didn't write, I only tweaked dependencies)

P.S. (offtopic) I can't believe that after all these years I'm still bitten by the "reply to all" thing; sorry for the double message, William :(