Re: Upload rejected without error

On 26/01/13 03:32, Joachim Bauch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the following rejection mail when trying to upload a Hardy
> source package to "ppa:fancycode/boost":
> ----- snip -----
> Rejected:
> Further error processing not possible because of a critical previous error.
>
> I uploaded a Lucid source successfully yesterday into the same PPA and
> also uploaded Hardy sources to other PPAs, is there any way to get the
> reason for this rejection?

Your .dsc is format 2.0, which isn't supported by hardy (or indeed any
Ubuntu release). For hardy you'll need to use format 1.0, which also
means using a .orig.tar.gz rather than a .orig.tar.bz2.

That's indeed a rather unhelpful error message, already reported as
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/561161>.