Re: Question about checkin a branch to LP

Sascha,

Provided 'bzr info' shows the correct branch as your local branch's parent
(lp:daps shown as
  parent branch: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/daps/
or lp:daps/trunk shown as
  parent branch:
bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/daps/trunk/), you simply need
to 'bzr update' to merge the latest from the parent branch into your
local branch.  I would recommend committing all local changes
beforehand (to discard local changes, try 'bzr revert').  You will
need to commit the local changes to your working tree after 'bzr
update' finishes to make the update complete.  ('bzr status' will show
affected files, 'bzr diff' will show changes)

'bzr pull' means make my branch a local copy of the parent branch, but
all local changes must have been merged back into the parent branch
for it to succeed.  Otherwise you can discard local history with 'bzr
pull --overwrite'.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Richard