Markdown support on Launchpad (lp:391780)

Hello everyone,

I wanted to add a feature request about adding Markdown to the different
Launchpad text fields (description, comments), but I realized there was
already an open bug about this [1].

It looks like Martin Pool did all the work in a separate branch back in
2011, and therefore this feature is (almost) ready for the users, but... no
progress since then, and in 2012 the bug was unassigned and its priority
reduced to "Low".

Could someone pick up this branch and review it? I think it would be a
valuable addition to Launchpad, especially for links and code blocks.

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/391780

--
Pierre Equoy