Re: E:Could not open file descriptor -1, E:Could not open file descriptor -1

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 09:16:35AM +0100, Sascha Manns wrote:
> i would like to merge two ppa's. The most of the packages from the
> source ppa is now placed into the target ppa.
> But now i've tried out my publican_4.2.6.2-1_amd64.changes, but after
> uploading im get:
>
> Rejected:
> E:Could not open file descriptor -1, E:Could not open file descriptor -1
> Source/binary (i.e. mixed) uploads are not allowed.
>
> Maybe anyone knows what that means?

While the main question here has been answered, I just thought I'd add
that the "Could not open file descriptor -1" part was due to an apt
upgrade that disagreed with the installed version of python-apt; we've
now upgraded python-apt as well and this will no longer happen.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]