Re: Git conversion

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 06:01:39PM +0200, Ariel Garcia wrote:
> we have converted our BZR repository to GIT, and pushed that into Launchpad.
>
> Actually did that twice by mistake:
>
> 	git push git+ssh://garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/~gemfony/geneva/
> 	git push lp:geneva
>
> so i ended up with both:
>
> 	git+ssh://garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/~gemfony/geneva
> 	git+ssh://garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/geneva

The right thing to do here will be to delete /~gemfony/geneva and then
make /geneva the default for its owner as well as for its target, which
is how it would have been set up automatically if /~gemfony/geneva
hadn't already existed.  However, repository deletion isn't implemented
yet; I have a branch nearly finished for that, so it should be possible
in a few days.

> I'm now trying to understand how to continue, i would like to connect one of
> those GIT repos as the main source code development branch for our project:
>
> 	https://launchpad.net/geneva

You've done as much as you can right now.  It will become clearer once
some work that Kit is doing lands.

> Currently i can only browse online one of the two Git repos above:
> 	https://git.launchpad.net/~gemfony/geneva/

https://git.launchpad.net/geneva works too, although it's difficult to
find that right now unless you know about its existence.

I think you should prefer to use https://git.launchpad.net/geneva, and
drop https://git.launchpad.net/~gemfony/geneva.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]