From: Andrew Woodhead <andrew.woodhead666@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, January 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM
To: "Abhi Ramesh Keshav (abhirame)" <abhirame@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Lily Li (lilyl2)" <lilyl2@xxxxxxxxx>, "launchpad-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <launchpad-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Launchpad-users] How to specify interdependency among package archives?

It's a PPA so if it depends on another PPA which is also maintained by the owner then that's their perogitive. The PPA is for the owner to use. Their is absolutely zero requirement to accommodate anybody else. The first P in PPA stands for "personal". The fact that the PPAs on Launchpad.net are publicly available is just an extra and for the community to access the files and share efforts. If the PPA doesn't work for you unless you add another is nobody's issue but your own. The packages in the first instance are for the owner of the PPA. Not you.