Re: Meaning of "importance" in Launchpad Bug Reports

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 03:37:10PM +0300, Doren Calliku wrote:
> I am working on a project whose bugs are in Launchpad.
> While going through the data I could not figure out the meaning of some of
> the bug terms that you are using.
>
> There is "priority" and "severity", and you are using "heat" and
> "importance".
> For heat I could find the description in :
> https://dev.launchpad.net/Bugs/BugHeat
> but for bug importance I could not.
>
> Can you please suggest me where to check for the specific meaning of
> "importance"?

There's no central definition; different projects may define how they
use the importance field in different ways, although they're intended to
be simple enough that in most cases it should be fairly obvious.  Here
are two sample policies for projects using Launchpad:

  Ubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
  Launchpad itself: https://dev.launchpad.net/BugTriage#Importance

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]