Re: Launchpad builder VMs upgraded to bionic

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 11:35, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:22:05AM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> > chroot builders do call ~= `sudo chroot` at some point.
>
> The main work is done by sbuild, which uses schroot, not "sudo chroot".
>
> (We used to use sbuild's sudo session mode, but I changed that to
> schroot in 2017.)
>
> > would changing limits.d + adding pam_limits to sudo pam config be
> > enough for launchpad-buildd?
>
> I think schroot does support PAM.  However, I don't think it's good
> design for launchpad-buildd to rely on PAM, since after all it's not
> doing any kind of interactive authentication.  I would rather not pursue
> this option any further.  There are other less complicated ways to set
> resource limits.

Are we using PAM today already? Cause on riscv64 builder I started to see

E: PAM error: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required
Chroot setup failed
E: Error creating chroot session: skipping openssl

from time to time. Or is it just a timing issue?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.