Re: Need zoneminder_1.34.24.orig.tar.gz deleted

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 10:31:26AM -0400, Isaac Connor wrote:
> We had an issue during release that caused us to rebuild this tarbar.  So
> now although I've deleted the packages, this file is still around and I
> can't push new packages.
>
> I have updated our scripts to use -sd and not upload the orig tarball
> anymore, but it's existence still prevents us.
>

> Can I get it deleted please?

I'm afraid there's no way to do this.  The usual approach is to simply
append something like +repack to the upstream part of the version (so
you'd end up with "1.34.23+repack-..."); you can drop this suffix after
the next upstream release.

While you're here, I'd strongly recommend changing your version scheme
anyway to use "-ubuntu16.04.1" etc. instead of "-xenial1" etc.; this is
because "xenial" sorts after "bionic", so anyone upgrading from xenial
to bionic with your PPA enabled will incorrectly not be upgraded to the
bionic build.  Changing the upstream version is a good opportunity to
fix this.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]