Re: [~invalid/ubuntu/ppa] hostapd-conf_1.1-2_amd64.changes (Rejected)

Hi Samuel,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM Samuel Lee <slee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to get some help updating a PPA. I got an email saying "
> Rejected:
> Launchpad failed to process the upload path '~gateworks-software/hostapd-conf':
>
> Could not find a PPA owned by 'gateworks-software' for 'ubuntu' named 'hostapd-conf'.

The PPA name that you have used in your dput command, 'hostapd-conf'
is wrong. I have explained the details below.

> It is likely that you have a configuration problem with dput/dupload.
> Please check the documentation at https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/Uploading and update your configuration.
>
> Further error processing not possible because of a critical previous error.
>
> hostapd-conf (1.1-2) focal; urgency=medium
>
>   #1036: hostapd-conf 802.11ax (wifi6) support needed
>
> ==="
>
> Which doesn't make sense to me that launchpad could not find a PPA owned by 'gateworks-software' for 'ubuntu' named 'hostapd-conf' when that is exactly where i sourced it from. Here is my commands that all indicate they executed successfully (I am on ubuntu jammy):
> $sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gateworks-software/packages

As mentioned in the above command, the PPA is
'ppa:gateworks-software/packages' and it expands to
https://launchpad.net/~gateworks-software/+archive/ubuntu/packages.

> $dput ppa:gateworks-software/hostapd-conf /home/slee/PPAtest6/hostapd-conf_1.1-2_amd64.changes

However, this command specifies the name of the PPA as
ppa:gateworks-software/hostapd-conf which expands to
https://launchpad.net/~gateworks-software/+archive/ubuntu/hostapd-conf.
As mentioned in the error message, there is no such PPA.

> So in summary I suppose I am confused on why I am able to download the source, make the changes I want, and seemingly upload it to launchpad via dput.. Only to get a rejected letter from Launchpad saying it cant find that PPA? Any help would be appreciated and I thank you for your time. I am new to working with launchpad so i appreciate any patience required on your end.

So if you fix this error, you will likely be able to upload the
package to the PPA.

Cheers,
Guruprasad
Launchpad team