Re: System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 12:42:21PM -0700, Kip Warner wrote:
> I am having difficulties running my package's unit tests in the
> Launchpad builders for all architectures. Some of my unit tests require
> the spawning of (user) systemd service units.
[...]
> So it does appear to have been started at boot, and with PID=1. Or
> perhaps that is the host's instance of systemd and not the chroots?
>
> Is there something I need to do, perhaps set an environment variable,
> add something to my Build-Depends, or execute something before running
> the unit tests?

That's the host's instance of systemd; the package build runs in a
chroot, but in the same process namespace.

There is currently no way to get Launchpad to run ordinary package
builds in a container booted with systemd; no Build-Depends or
environment variables or anything else will help.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]