lazr-users team mailing list archive

maintaining lazr packages

[Resending to lazr-users@]

You might have seen the announcement that we've begun to do test rebuilds of
the Ubuntu archive for Python 3.6.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2017-January/039648.html
https://launchpad.net/~pythoneers/+archive/ubuntu/python-rebuilds/+packages

I'm seeing a build failure in lazr.config and I'd like to start working on it,
but I kind of don't want to use bzr ;).  This team owns a bunch of packages,
but it's unclear to me how many are still worth keeping active, or who is
still interesting in maintaining them.  I have a personal interest in
lazr.config and thus also lazr.delegates, but lazr.smtptest has been
supplanted by aiosmtpd for Python 3 at least.

There's also the question of supported versions.  E.g. Python 2.7, 3.5, and
3.6 still make sense, and *maybe* 3.4 but nothing earlier IMHO.

I know Colin has talked about doing a new lazr.restfulclient release to fix
some problems with launchpadlib.  I might not mind helping out with that
either.

So...

1) Who still cares about these packages enough to help maintain them, even if
it's there's not much active new feature development going on?

2) Who is in favor of converting the repos to git?  (Probably still keeping
everything on Launchpad.)

3) Can we drop official support for anything other than 2.7, 3.5, and 3.6?
What about 3.4?

Anything else?

Cheers,
-Barry