libravatar-fans team mailing list archive

Topic ideas for Sunday meeting

I will unfortunately not be around for the meeting on Sunday, but here are
the topics that I would have liked to bring up, in order of urgency:

1. backups (DB and app)
2. automatic letsencrypt cert renewal
3. domain transfer

For #1, I wanted to ask what backups were in place today for the application
and its database. Additionally, once backups are in place, I'd suggest doing
a test restore to make sure that:

- backups can be decrypted by more than one person
- backups contain everything that's needed

For #2, I know that clime is already aware of this. The main certificate for
www.libravatar.org will expire in 12 days, so this needs to be done soon to
avoid an outage.

Finally, #3 is something we should get back to. I initially sent all of the
transfer info to clime, but if someone else wants to take up the task of
moving things to the shared Gandi account, I'd be happy to provide the
credentials. The deadline for this is May 2019 since that's when the domains
expire.

Feel free to reach out to me via email (or the mailing list) if you have any
questions.

Francois

--
https://fmarier.org/