libreoffice team mailing list archive

Standardization of PPAs

Hi,

Before the upcoming backports of LibreOffice (4.0.2 and 3.6.6), I would
suggest a little bit of standardization of what is uploaded to which PPA:
1. As there is a separate "Pre-Releases" PPA, only this PPA should have not
final builds.
This is also mean that the other PPAs should have only final builds.

2. The stable PPAs should not have RC2 builds as final builds.
I separated this from the first point, as usually RC2 is bit-to-bit the
final build, so you may say "it's a final build".
>From the end-user point of view - RC2 in the name of package mean "it's an
RC build".
I think there are many users that just wanna a consistent PPA with stable
builds, without the need to wonder time after time, how stable the update
proposed by the PPA.
Also, it will bring less updates to the stable PPAs - about 1 per month (as
RC1 and RC2 will be only at "Pre-Releases" PPA).

Feedback is welcomed.

Best,
Boaz.

--